The MAP Can Help You Manage Life
Everyone experiences stress at some point. Recognizing this, the Fund offers a Member Assistance Program (MAP) as part of your benefits. Entirely confidential and provided at no cost to you, the MAP is designed to help you and your family contend with issues ranging from the simple (e.g., finding the right daycare) to the emotional (e.g., coping with the death of a loved one).
How the MAP Can Help
Offered through Lyra Health, the MAP is staffed with trained counselors in a variety of fields. In addition to mental health professionals, the MAP has financial experts, elder care professionals, legal experts and more. Eligible members receive up to eight sessions at no cost to you. Here is a snapshot of the issues the MAP can help you work through:
- Childcare: Finding a quality daycare at an affordable price and convenient location isn’t easy. The MAP can assess your situation and put you in touch with multiple sources to help you make the best choice.
- Elder Care: Talk to the MAP about what education and resources are available to help you support your aging parents, which could include anything from finding the right caregiver to Alzheimer’s education.
- Financial Management: If you’re having difficulty managing your income and expenses, the MAP can recommend resources that include credit counseling, debt management organizations, and agencies that offer financial assistance. The MAP can also direct you to resources for estate planning and saving for college.
- Mental Health, such as Substance Abuse and Addiction Issues, Stress, Anxiety, Depression, and Grief: Talk to the MAP about what resources are available to you, such as therapists, support groups and hotlines. Lyra’s Care Navigator Team can advise you on how to make the most of your mental health and substance abuse benefits, direct you to in-network providers, explain program benefits, and assist with issues related to drug or alcohol abuse, or eating disorders.
- Balancing Work and Family Life: There are only so many hours in the day. Learn how the MAP can help you find enough time in your day for your family and your work.
- Legal Assistance: Receive legal information, resources, and consultation from licensed attorneys on legal issues such as wills, debt obligations, divorce, or bankruptcy.
How the MAP Works
Call 1-877-363-0489 to speak with a counselor. Or visit 4thdistricthealthfund.lyrahealth.com to register for access to all the online resources.
- MAP Care Navigators are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You can meet with a MAP counselor for up to eight sessions, free of charge.
- The MAP is also available to your eligible family members, free of charge.