Retiree Benefits from UnitedHealthcare
The retiree medical and prescription drug benefits are provided through UnitedHealthcare®.
The medical plan includes vision, hearing, and a wellness/gym membership benefit. The prescription drug plan has a secondary level of coverage through Sav-Rx. The two prescription drug plans work together to provide the greatest level of benefits. For example, if a medication is not covered by UnitedHealthcare, it should be covered by the Sav-Rx plan.
Important note: You are not required to take any action unless you want to opt out of this coverage. However, before doing so, please consider that once you opt out, you cannot re-enroll in the Fund’s retiree benefits. If you’d still like to opt out, contact American Benefit Corporation at 1-304-525-0331, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET, and ask for JoAnn Eagle (extension 319).
Creditable Coverage Letter
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) require proof of creditable coverage prior to enrolling in a Medicare Advantage Plan, such as the new UnitedHealthcare Plan. The Fund’s coverage is considered creditable. The Fund Office is working with UHC and CMS to provide any missing attestations for our members. At this time, you do not have to do anything.
- UHC Medicare Advantage Plan presentation
- Benefits overview chart (medical and prescription drug)
- UHC presentation
- Sav-Rx brochure
- UHC Plan Guide for 2023
- www.UHCretiree.com for medical plan information
- www.savrx.com (group number IBEWD4) for prescription drug plan information
- www.uhcvirtualretiree.com a Virtual Education Center
Other benefit programs
- New: Starting January 1, 2023: Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) – provides quick access to emergency help 24/7
- New: Starting January 1, 2023: Rally Coach – online access to coaching programs for tobacco cessation, wellness, and weight loss
- Healthy At Home – meals, transportation and in-home care following an inpatient stay
- Telephonic Nurse Support and Virtual Doctor visits
- Renew Active® Medicare fitness program
- Look up participating fitness facilities
- HouseCalls – an annual preventive care visit at home
- Quit For Life – tobacco cessation program and resources
- Hearing aid benefits
- UHC hearing program website to locate participating provider and learn more about UHC Hearing program