Member Assistance Program
The Fund’s Member Assistance Program (MAP) is provided through ComPsych® at no cost to you and your family members. It is designed to provide you with professional and confidential counseling services to help you handle personal and/or work concerns constructively, before they become major issues.
MAP Monthly Spotlight
MAP Program Highlights
- MAP counselors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Meet with a MAP counselor for up to five sessions, free of charge.
- Discuss personal concerns and relationship issues, including problems with your children, substance abuse, job pressures, stress, anxiety, depression, grief and loss, and other matters – all in confidence.
- Receive legal information, resources, and consultation from licensed attorneys on legal issues such as wills, debt obligations, divorce, or bankruptcy.
- Get financial information, resources, and tools to assist you with issues like debt, saving for college, estate planning, and taxes.
- Use ComPsych as your gateway to access any treatment you or a family member may need for mental health and substance abuse.
- Connect with a “Guidance Consultant” who can advise you on how to make the most of your mental health and substance abuse benefits, pre-authorize any treatment you receive, explain program benefits, and assist with issues related to drug or alcohol abuse, or eating disorders.
Call 1-877-627-4239 to speak with a counselor. Or to learn more about the MAP, visit www.guidanceresources.com and enter in the Fund ID, “MAP_4_IBEW.”
- Open the Door to a Better You
- Holding It Together
- Protect Your Belongings
- Learning to Relax
- Stay Safe This Summer
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month
- Tax Prep 2016
- Budgeting as a Family
- Building Resilience
- Learn How to Relax
- Perfecting Time Management
- Law, Finances: Get the Facts!
- Coping with a Crisis and Building Resilience
- Heart Health
- Parenting a difficult child
- No Hassle Car Buying
- Technology Changing Fitness
- Fending off Financial Scams
- Getting Set for Summer Camp
- Babysitter Basics
- Getting Your Credit In Order
- Are you an effective communicator?
- Coping With Alzheimer’s
- Escape Planning for Home Fires
- Cutting Your Home Energy Costs
- Teaching Your Child About Money
- Tips for Hiring a Moving Company
- Stop Using Food as a Reward
- Young Adults and Bullying
- Demystifying Tax Time
- Options for Elder Care
- Fostering Resilience
- Money Matters
- Writing a complaint letter
- Give the Gift of Yourself
- Social Networking Site Safety
- Make Fitness a Family Project
- Identity Theft
- It’s Easy Being Green
- Assistance with Housing and More
- Emotional Eating
- Happy Heart Month
- High-Tech Fitness
- Stress Busters
- Family Meal Time