Quick Facts on the HRA:
- Your employer(s) makes contributions to the HRA on your behalf.
- You can use those contributions to help pay for eligible health-care related expenses not covered by the Plan.
- Only certain items qualify as eligible expenses.
- An HRA debit card from American Benefit Corporation makes the reimbursement process almost paperless.
- You have the option to opt-out of participating in the HRA. Read the Annual Notice.
Your employer contributes toward an HRA on your behalf . This contribution is part of the negotiated contribution to the Plan.
Over time, as your HRA balance grows, you can use the funds in your account to pay for eligible health care expenses not covered by the Plan, such as prescription drug copays or vision care expenses that exceed the benefit coverage level. Any unused HRA balance is rolled over from year to year, so it is possible to use these accumulated funds to pay for larger expenses you may have in the future. Contact American Benefit Corporation at 1-888-466-9094 and ask for the HRA Department with any questions about what qualifies as an eligible expense.
HRA Debit Card
American Benefit Corporation, the HRA administrator, will send you a HRA Debit Card to use for eligible HRA purchases. The debit card is linked to your HRA account so reimbursement is an almost paperless process. You are strongly encouraged to save all your receipts as there is a chance that American Benefit Corporation may ask for a copy at some point. In fact, if you want, you can mail or fax your receipts to American Benefit Corporation immediately after using your HRA Debit Card. The system will be updated so that when the change is processed, the substantiation required will already be recorded and no follow-up will be necessary. You can mail you receipts to American Benefit Corporation, HRA Department, 3150 US Route 60, Ona, WV 25545 or fax to 304-525-6005.
Check your HRA transactions and balance on the American Benefit Corporation website.
Your debit card works best at IIAS-certified merchants. Stores and doctors’ offices that meet this standard have certified Inventory Information Approval System (IIAS) technology that tells you, at the time of your purchase, if your items are approved and processed correctly. Click here to view a list of IIAS-certified merchants in our area.
Tips on using your HRA
- Use your HRA debit card for eligible purchases only. If you are unsure whether the cost of an item or service is reimbursable under your HRA, call American Benefit Corporation at 1-888-466-9094 and ask for the HRA Department.
- Use IIAS-certified merchants every time. Your debit card works best when the doctor’s office, pharmacy, drug store, or grocery store has certified Inventory Information Approval System (IIAS) technology. IIAS is your way to know, right then and there, if your item is approved and processed properly.
- Keep your receipts. Saving your receipts is always the way to go. American Benefit Corporation may ask you for verification of a purchase and you’ll need to show the receipt as proof. You may also need your receipts for tax purposes.